Lukas Weisshaidinger preparing to throw at the Zurich Diamond League meeting,
where the Olympic Games bronze medalist threw 63.20m, some way short of his
season best and new National record of 69.04m. (9th June in Eisenstadt).
In Japan he qualified for the final with 64.77 (after two no throws !) but in the final
his third effort secured him the medal. He thus added another bronze to his collection
(World Championship and European Championship being the other ones).
His PB at the time was 68.98 (2018)
2020 Olympic Games Tokyo.
Final Men's Discus.
1. Daniel Ståhl (Sweden) 68.90m
2. Simon Peterson (Sweden) 67.39m
3. Lukas Weißhaidinger (Austria) 67.07m
4. Matthew Denny (Australia) 67.02m (PB)
5. Kristjan Čeh (Slovenia) 66.37m
6. Andrius Gudžius (Lithuania) 64.11m
7. Mauricio Ortega (Colombia) 64.08m
8. Sam Mattis (U.S.A.) 63.88 (SB)