The main image is of Jemma Reekie running in her semi-final and the inset
of the final of the 800 metres.
Final women's 800m. 2021 UK Championships.
1. Keely HODGKINSON LEIGH H (GBR) 1:59.61
2. Jemma REEKIE KILBARCHAN (GBR) 2:00.12
3. Laura MUIR DUNDEE (GBR) 2:00.24
4. Ellie BAKER SHAFT'BURY (GBR) 2:01.47
5. Alexandra BELL PUDSBRAML (GBR) 2:01.48
6. Adelle TRACEY GU&GO (GBR) 2:02.10
7. Isabelle BOFFEY ENFIELD (GBR) 2:04.81
During the 2020 indoor season Jemma Reekie broke three
British indoor records. The 800m, with a time of 1:57.91 in Glasgow
and in New York the one mile record with a time of 4:17.88 (beating
Laura Muir's record). She also nearly became the first British
women to break four minutes for the 1500m indoors with a record
4:00.56, also in New York.