Nineteen year old Keely Hodgkinson winning the 2021 UK 800m Championships
in Manchester. Victory assured her a place in the 2020 Olympic team for
Great Britain in Tokyo.
Running in Ostrava in June she set a new European U20 record of 1:58.89.
Then on 4th July she improved it to 1:57.51 at the Stockholm Diamond League.
Final women's 800m. 2021 UK Championships.
1. Keely HODGKINSON LEIGH H (GBR) 1:59.61
2. Jemma REEKIE KILBARCHAN (GBR) 2:00.12
3. Laura MUIR DUNDEE (GBR) 2:00.24
4. Ellie BAKER SHAFT'BURY (GBR) 2:01.47
5. Alexandra BELL PUDSBRAML (GBR) 2:01.48
6. Adelle TRACEY GU&GO (GBR) 2:02.10
7. Isabelle BOFFEY ENFIELD (GBR) 2:04.81
A quick change of her 'bib'. From Hodgkinson to Champion.
She had already become a champion earlier in the year.
2021 European Indoor Championships. Women's 800m Final
Toruń, Poland. March 2021.
1. Keely Hodgkinson Great Britain 2:03.88
2. Joanna Jóźwik Poland 2:04.00
3. Angelika Cichocka Poland 2:04.15
4. Ellie Baker Great Britain 2:04.40
5. Lore Hoffmann Switzerland 2:04.84
6. Isabelle Boffey Great Britain 2:07.26