Loris Karius had a nightmare game. A sloppy pass out to the wing was intercepted by Benzema
for Madrid's first goal and then a shot from Bale was deflected into the goal via Karius's weak
hands - 3:1 game over.
UEFA Champions League Final 2018.
Real Madrid (3) v (1) Liverpool. (Benzema 51m, Bale 64m & 83m, Mané 55m). NSC Olimpiyskiy Stadium, Kiev, Ukraine.
Saturday May 26th 2018. Attendance 61,561
1. Keylor Navas (GK), 2. Dani Carvajal (6. Nacho 37 min), 4. Sergio Ramos (C), 5. Raphaël Varane,
7. Cristiano Ronaldo, 8. Toni Kroos, 9. Karim Benzema (20. Marco Asensio 89 min)
10. Luka Modrić, 12. Marcelo,
14. Casemiro, 22. Isco (11. Gareth Bale 61 min).
1. Loris Karius (GK), 4. Virgil Van Dijk, 5. Georginio Wijnaldum, 6. Dejan Lovren, 7. James Milner (23. Emre Can 83 min),
9. Roberto Firmino, 11. Mohamed Salah (20. Adam Lallana 31 min), 14. Jordan Henderson,
19. Sadio Mané,
26. Andy Robertson, 66. Trent Alexander-Arnold.
Referee: Milorad Mažić (Serbia).
Man of the match was Gareth Bale. He scored one superb overhead bicycle kick goal three minutes after coming on and
a second when Loris Karous palmed Bale's shot into his own net - the second mistake by the Red's goalkeeper.
Benzema scored the game's first goal by deflecting a sloppy throw by Karous.
It was Liverpool's eight final. They had won the final on five occasions (1977, 1978, 1981, 1984 and 2005) and had lost twice (1985 and 2007).
Liverpool were the most recent team to defeat Real Madrid in a European Cup Final, winning 1–0 in Paris in 1981, Alan Kennedy scoring
the only goals in the 82nd minute.
In winning the final Real Madrid won their 13th overall Champions League / European Cup. It was also their third consecutive victory,
thus becoming the first team to achieve three back-to-back titles since Bayern Munich defeated Saint-Étienne in the 1976 European Cup Final.
Liverpool 39% possession.
Shots on goals 5 (2 on target) (RM 11 with 5 on target)
Passing accuracy 80% (RM: 91%).
Passes 352 (RM 648)
Passes completes 280 (RM 590)
Distance covered 110.7 km (RM 102.6km)