Mohammed Ahmed is seen here running in the 2016 Diamond League meeting
Saturday August 20th. 2016. Rio de Janeiro Olympic Game.
Final men's 5,000 metres.
1. Mo Farah Great Britain 13:03.30
2. Paul Kipkemoi Chelimo United States 13:03.90 PB
3. Hagos Gebrhiwet Ethiopia 13:04.35
4. Mohammed Ahmed Canada 3:05.94
5. Bernard Lagat United States 13:06.78* SB
6. Andrew Butchart Great Britain 13:08.61 PB
7. Albert Kibichii Rop Bahrain 13:08.79
8. Joshua Kiprui Cheptegei Uganda 13:09.17
* World Record for a man of 40.
On 28th. May 2016, Ahmed set a personal best and Canadian National Record
in the 5,000m at the Prefontaine Classic with a a time of 13:01.74.